Larsson & Kjellberg lead its origins from the end of the 19th century, more specifically to about 1880, when the company was founded as a forging company. In 1919, the business was taken over by the Stockholm-born Axel Anderson, who had already been employed by the company in 1909, and four companions, namely Ernst Gustafsson, Arvid Andersson, Erik Eriksson and Arvid Uhrbom. Axel Andersson was then active in the company until his departure.
The smithy was one of Nyköping’s oldest buildings, built as early as during the 18th century, and was in use for about 200 years as a smithy, without interruption. The building was demolished in 1976. At the anvil Axel Andersson works and with the sledgehammer is seen his son Hans. In the background with his back to the camera is Harald Uhrbom. Harald’s father, Arvid Uhrbom, was one of the co-owners of Larsson & Kjellberg’s forging company, as mentioned above.